Extending information,resources and links on renewable energy and energy conservation for Canadian farmers, agri-business and those who support them in order to enhance their ability to make sound and successful business decisions.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Biodiesel Reflections

I've started a re-look at bio-diesel. It hasn't been on my radar screen for awhile. Recently I came across an article from the Canadian Renewable Fuels Association. They represent some pretty sizable petro-chemical companies and were very positive on the future of bio-diesel. Although I was looking for the farm perspective on the opportunity I found their attitude almost too optimistic.

What I'd really like to know and share is if biodiesel is a viable business opportunity for farmers to increase profits, diversify, lay off risk or participate in more of the value chain i.e. production and refining of the biodiesel.

What's your experience?

I'm going to do some digging and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment